Big Ice B-55: Details
Ice road building has never been faster and easier thanks to the Big Ice Model B-55 flood pump. The Model B-55 stands out as the best heavy-duty flood pump in Ontario, Canada. Unlike most flood pumps in the market today, the Big Ice Model B-55 is specially built for serious ice road building. This can be attested by the pump’s superior features and benefits.
The flood pump has been tested and proven to open up Canada’s North Ontario winter roads faster and better than any other flood pumps on sale today.
When ice doesn’t form fast enough to allow the creation of winter roads capable of giving heavy vehicles access to remote areas, you can count on the Big Ice Model B-55 to serve you perfectly.
By adding water to the top side of the ice that has already formed, we are helping the ice form in two directions. Mother nature is adding ice on the bottom, we are adding ice on the top.
Below are the main features/specifications and benefits for more in-depth information on why the Big Ice Model 55 stands out.
Top features and specifications
1. Cast aluminum construction: The Big Ice Model B-55 flood pump features a strong durable cast aluminum construction directly under the motor.
2. Superior engine: The Big Ice B-55 features a recoil start (easy start) 163 cc, 5.5 HP 4-stroke, GxV-160 Honda Commercial engine.
3. Grease bearings: The pump has grease bearings which have superior sealing, mobility and non-corrosion properties. The bearings also prevent overheating.
4. Cold weather seals: The pump also has weatherproof seals that ensure operation isn’t affected by cold weather.
5. Stainless fasteners: The pump also features rustproof fasteners that add to the longevity of the pump.
6. Weight and dimensions: The Big Ice B-55 measures 33 inches in height and 20 inches in length. The pump weighs 68 pounds.
The Big Ice B-55 has many benefits over regular flood pumps in the market today. Some of the most notable benefits include;
1. Unmatched effectiveness in river, stream and lake applications: The Big Ice Model B-55 is specifically built for ice flooding operation over rivers, streams and lakes. You couldn’t ask for a more effective flood pump for ice flooding operations in Ontario, Canada. You can move around with the pump as much as you want/need to by drilling holes 2-3 metres apart and running the pump for a while before moving it. The resulting ice road is capable of handling the heaviest vehicles imaginable.
2. Powerful engine: As mentioned above, the Big Ice Model B-55 flood pump has a 5.5 HP, 4 stroke engine which is more powerful than most competing flood pumps in the market today. The 4-stroke engine is powerful enough to offer a high water volume output adequate enough for serious ice road building applications.
3. High volume output: The Big Ice Model B-55 is capable of pumping 120,000 litres or 26,000 gallons of water per hour which is more than enough for serious ice road building applications. The pumping capacity per hour is tremendous when you consider 20,000 gallons of water is used to make the ice rink for the outdoor Winter Classic hockey games.
4. Strong and durable construction: The pump features an aluminum and stainless steel construction which is capable of handling the toughest ice road building tasks imaginable with ease for years without breaking, rusting or suffering any other common damage.
5. Self prime capabilities: The B-55 self primes when placed into a pre-drilled hole in the ice. Once you drill holes in the ice, you just need to drop the ice pump. The pump’s 6-inch line pipe which is 10-inches long gives the pump this special feature provided you use a regular 6-inch auger to drill holes.
6. Self draining feature: The B-55 pump also stands out because of its self draining feature which avoids costly and time-wasting freeze ups. Features such as the impeller case allow the pump to self drain when you lift the pump out of ice holes. As a result, the pump is usable in the most extreme cold conditions.
7. Anti-freeze application: The Big Ice Model 55 not only avoids freeze-ups after use. The pump doesn’t freeze during use thanks to features such as the cold weather seals. The pump is also build to allow continuous passage of water which also prevents freezing during use. This features lack in many ice-road building flood pumps in the market today.
8. Unmatched portability: The Big Ice Model B-55 also stands out in terms of portability thanks to many features i.e. a discharge tube that is easily removable to allow easier transport. The pump is also lighter than most heavy-duty flood pumps for serious ice road building applications. This is partly due to the pump’s lightweight aluminum construction. You can pick up and move the pump around or load it on your truck or Argo with ease.
9. Easy start: The B-55 is also easy to start thanks to its recoil start feature. You just need to pull the cord to start the engine. This simple mechanism is common in lawn mowers. Pulling the cord causes friction which in turn generates the heat used to start the engine.
10. Doesn’t overheat: Unlike other flood pumps, the B-55 doesn’t overheat thanks to features such as grease bearings which also give the pump unmatched movability.
The above information clearly shows why the Big Ice Model B-55 stands out as one of the best flood pumps in the market today for serious ice road building applications. The pump has a many superior features and benefits foreign to most competing flood pumps in the market today. When you consider other factors i.e. the pump is made by Big Ice; one of the top flood pump manufacturers in Canada, it’s easy to see why the pump comes highly recommended.
Loch Lomond Equipment Sales is an exclusive Big Ice Model B-55 seller in Northwestern Ontario, Canada. The B-55 has a one year warranty.
We are here to answer your questions.
Fill out our contact us form or call Darcy at 1-807-472-7357 for more information.